Monday, January 11, 2010

Ring A Day Project 2010



So blogging is something I always intend to do but never seem to have the time. During a gathering yesterday, a friend and fellow metalsmith, Tracey, actual said I was the busiest person she knows.  I suppose I am a wee bit busy these days but I decided to take on another project to add to the mix.




I am participating in a project called "Ring A Day" with several other metalsmiths and jewelers across the world.  The objective is to make a ring each day for a year out of whatever material you find interesting, appealing or intriguing.  Yes, that is right.  365 rings.  Some have created very elaborate detailed designs out of gemstones and precious metal while others have taken the simple found object approach using rubber bands, paper or twisted plastic. I look forward to exploring each member's  solution to the challenge.  The project just began Jan 1, 2010 with a little over 115 members posting images of their wonderful creations on Flickr.  It is not to late to jump on the horse and giddy up with us!  The group grows each day and welcomes new members to the group.



I find that an exercise like this teaches and reminds me the discipline needed in keeping focused. Making a ring a day also is challenging me to think creatively whether I want to or not. With 10 days under my belt, I am finding that I am looking forward to what I am going to do each day.   I also figure this is a good excuse to keep up with the blogging.   Here is the first 10 days of my rings on Flickr:
Ring A Day 2010~Renee Ford/Panicmama Jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment