Monday, January 18, 2010

I Love Playdates!

My precious daughter Ruby, I love with all my heart.  BUT, she is a handful.  Very curious, extremely creative.  She can make anything a toy.  We joke that she would be happy with a box of paperclips & rubber bands versus the money spent on the latest toy.  I needed to get into the studio for a bit to work on a custom cufflink & tuxedo stud set during my weekend alone with the kids.  I stocked up popcorn, movies, Kid Cuisine, chocolate, toys and got ready to go to the studio with the kiddies.  Hopeful that I would survive at least four hours, I got a phone call that Ruby's classmate would like her over for a playdate.  While I am not a great host for playdates, I am grateful that other parents like to have them.  Perfect timing!  Ruby off to her playdate, Max stocked up on movies & snacks, I was ready to go.  Between firings and drying time during enameling, I was able to create this ring.




 "Maltese Cross Relic," 14 karat gold, sterling silver, 17/365.


It's one of my favorites so far.  I keep making all of them in my size so I can photograph them on a finger.   At least that's what I keep telling myself.  I love the subtle texture of the band.  Wanna keep up on the rest of the participants? Check them out here on Flickr!

No comments:

Post a Comment