Monday, March 31, 2008

Blue Balls

I now have ventured into felt "beads" or "balls" as my husband calls them. I inadvertently chose an electric blue color for my first set. Needless to say, they are affectionately called "blue balls" by everyone who checks them out.

The main lot of them ended up in a necklace with faceted black spinel, apatite & labradorite beads. Couple of the pieces ended up in cute little dangle earrings. I have made several other ones that are yet to be finished into jewelry. Kinda experimented with the Dr Seuss crazy cool shapes & colors. They are fun & playful & have gotten a good response from most people. Some are just curious because they are little blue balls! Others are fascinated at the fact that they are wool.

I have several other ideas still brewing... It's still been hard to shut off my brain. Now to find the time.

I made my first couple of sales on Etsy! First one to a girl in Portugal of all places! Gotta love the Internet!

I keep sketching, dreaming, thinking of my desire to just create & forget about the need to make money to support my family. But reality is ever present & I must go make the dough, not the art. Maybe someday....

No comments:

Post a Comment